Search This Blog

2011/09/29

Extend Windows Vista Battery Live for Notebooks

I bought a Toshiba Notebook soon after Windows Vista was released and was wondering about the huge toshiba satellite pro 300 battery drain whenever I was using the Notebook without a power source. The dell inspiron 1420 battery drain is apparently caused by the Aero theme and the power settings for the wireless adapter. I was not even sure at the beginning if I was running Windows Aero or just a different interface but soon found out that the Aero interface, one of the few new things in Windows Vista, was active and draining dell latitude d610 battery life like crazy. I decided to disable the Aero interface because I could not see the use of it after all. Sure, it offers some nice looking effects but that is not the main purpose that I’m using the notebook after all.
To disable the Aero theme do the following:
Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize from the menu. Choose Windows Color and Appearance and click on Open Classic Appearance Properties for more color options. Select a different theme from the list (non Aero) and click on Apply.
The second dell studio 1536 battery  drainer could be a wrong power setting. If you left-click the little acer btp-58a1 battery icon in the system tray you see which power setting is currently used. I suggest you select the power saver option if the notebook is not connected to a power source. All other settings drain the HP pavilion tx2517ca battery pretty fast.
next blog: Ways To Increase Laptop Battery Life

No comments:

Post a Comment