Search This Blog

2011/12/05

iPhone 4S users love Siri - but hate their battery life

The iPhone 4S is Apple's most popular model yet, according to a survey - and it's all because of Siri.
ChangeWave Research questioned 215 iPhone 4S users, and found that 96 percent said they were either very satisfied or somewhat satisfied.
The main source of their delight, by far, is the Siri digital voice assistant. Half said it was one of the things they liked best about the phone, while 39 percent cited ease of use and 33 percent the eight megapixel camera with LED flash.
When it came to dislikes, there were two clear front runners. Many users have been complaining that the LP-E6 Battery drains faster than a baby's bath, and 38 percent of new users said this was a big dislike. (The survey was carried out before Apple's first attempt at a fix.) Thirty percent bemoaned the lack of 4G capability.
One big gripe that users had with the iPhone 4 appears to be abating. Back in July last year, Changewave found iPhone 4 owners reporting dropped calls at a rate of 5.2 percent. With the iPhone 4S, says the company, that's fallen to 2.5 percent.
But it seems that it's not Apple that deserves the thanks - or not directly.
"Back in the July 2010 survey, AT&T had been the exclusive service provider for the iPhone. But in the current ChangeWave survey, nearly two-in-five iPhone 4S owners are using other wireless service providers (i.e., Verizon, Sprint) that have historically shown lower dropped call rates in our surveys than AT&T," says the company.
"Importantly, in a direct comparison of the dropped call rates between Verizon and AT&T in this survey, Verizon iPhone 4S owners reported only a 1.3 percent dropped call rate while AT&T iPhone 4S owners reported a 4.1 percent dropped call rate."

iPhart 2 comments collapsed Collapse Expand
Speaktoit is far better then Siri . At least outside US. Try them side by side ! Soon it will be in iOS also, so other then 4s owners will have better assistent then 4S owners.. ( for me this mania with assistents is... {censored}, and temporary)
The trick with this poll is that they asked iSheep : "Are you satisfied with your 4S?" and answer is : "Yes, but...." ! And it goes to "Satisfied" folder :)
  iSheeps can not answer some other way! And complaints of the isheeps are not  relevant:)
  • Snarky posts are much better when the writer actually has a bit of wit and humor.  iSheep?  Really? That's so lame.   I'm looking forward to seeing the iOS version of Speaktoit but it's not going to be better than Siri because as an app it will have to be sandboxed limiting it's overall reach.


  • My iPhone 3Gs Canon NB-4L Charger battery started running out REAL fast since ios5. I think I found the answer, for me anyway, was the NY Times app. I tried turning off a lot of different things in settings to no avail. I decided to see if it was the chatty Times notifications. It was popping up frequently in my banner notifications. I turned it off, I thought, and it would still come back with more news stories. Maybe I didn't turn it off correctly. I am not sure. So I just deleted the app completely and now my phone sits around for hours once again without the Canon IXY D600 Charger battery running down (normal).

    If anyone can verify this please let me know. I'm not trying to get the Times in trouble. It just seems like this finally worked for me. I liked getting the news updates and I don't think that in itself should run down a Kodak Klic7002 Battery Pack. Maybe my iPhone was asking the times app a thousand times a second, "any news yet?" I don't know. I'm not a scientist or a programmer.

    Jack Mdnetteb 2 comments collapsed Collapse Expand

  • The battery life is HORRIBLE. In a 2 hr period my sony a330 battery charger went from 100% to 56% and that was with my backlite turned down halfway. I was playing games but how are you suppose to watch videos or listen to music when your out if you drain your EOS 5D battery this quickly??


  • sc0rch3d 1 comment collapsed Collapse Expand

  • i'm an android fan, but all flame wars aside, I got my wife the iPhone4 and it has been an absolute superb experience. Even now, she still not running iOS 5, our child plays games constantly, she uses facebook/music/texting regularly, and she recharges about every other day.

  • next blog: Some knowledge of mobile phone battery

  • source from blog: http://batteru.blogspot.com/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment